Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Love Poland!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I don't give a crap about football. I mean, I like to catch the game or whatever, but a Charger's loss is not going to ruin my day. That's not really the general concensus in PB unfortunately, so when the Charger's lost to the Raiders last Sunday the last place I wanted to be was at a bar with a bunch of angry fans. So we decided it was time for a little Sunday Funday mix up.

Conveniently enough, just across the street there was some kind of party going on, so naturally we gotta go check it out. Turns out, it was the 2010 Annual Polish Festival! I thought, how much fun could this be, it's at a church, but it was only $2 to get in so why not. Not even kidding you, I had a blast. I mean, we were the only ones there not from Poland I'm pretty sure, but it was a great time.

There was live music and Polish Folk Dancing, and food stands with everything from the standard cotton candy and snow cones, to something called "The Taste of Poland" which was basically a sampler platter of all the Polish faves for $12. That seemed a little intense, so we split an order of potato pancakes and a sausage and called it good.

Oh, and of course, my favorite part of the festival - the beer garden! They had a nice roomy set up and the crowd was definitely jolly. They offered wine and 3 types of Polish beers. I couldn't pronounce the names, so I ordered a couple "red cans" and a "yellow can".

Everyone was so nice and welcoming, the live entertainment was super fun, the food was delicious and the beer was strong. I think I'll have to check this out every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment