Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weekly Special Wednesdays

My favorite day of the work week is Wednesday. Not only is it "Hump Day" (we are over the work week hump, woot!) but it's the day that the grocery stores come out with what's on sale for the week. I LOVE food and when I eat, I want to eat a meal fit for, well, a princess. Every meal. Luckily, I love to cook, because being a prudent princess means dining in lavishly as opposed to dining out mediocrely.

Every Wednesday morning I check my local Vons sales for the week, and plan my shopping list accordingly. I always make sure to include a couple luxuries that I only treat myself to when on sale. My special treats this week include:
  • Raspberries - only $0.99/pint! That's, like, pretty much free!
  • Monterey Sliced Mushrooms - they come in this super convienent resealable 10 oz bag, and are only $2 this week!
  • Sun Maid Yogurt Raisins - $3
  • Asiatic Lilies - $3.50 and guaranteed fresh for 7 days! Because a princess must dine at a pretty table even if she is dining solo for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment